Terms and Conditions
‘Artists’ mean the Artists marketing their work on https://cyrrusgallery.wordpress.com/.
‘Artwork(s)’ means the artworks marketed for sale on https://cyrrusgallery.wordpress.com/.
‘Cyrrus Gallery’ means Humam Alsalim, Damascus Syria trading as Cyrrus Gallery Contemporary Syrian Art.
The Contract to purchase Artworks shall be between You and Cyrrus Gallery. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the Contract entered into between You and Cyrrus Gallery to purchase Artworks marketed on the site by the Artists.
You agree that You are liable for any duties and taxes that might be applicable on the purchase. Placing an order with Cyrrus Gallery constitutes an irrevocable acceptance of the purchase, such acceptance results in an enforceable contract of sale.
We shall accept your order by using our Purchase Order Request Form or by email confirmation. Our email shall confirm the details of your purchase and tell you when the Artist shall dispatch your order.
Price and Payment
- We will inform you about the prices payable for the Artworks that you order via email.
- Our prices DO NOT include shipping costs.
- We accept the following methods of payment: Bank Wire Transfer.
- You must pay us the full price of your order before we will instruct the Artist to deliver the Artwork to you.
- Banking charges by the receiving bank on payment to us will be borne by us. All other charges relating to payment in a currency other than SYP will be borne by you.
- You will pay all sums due to us under these Terms and Conditions by the means specified without any set-off, deduction or counterclaim.
- We will arrange delivery of your Artwork ordered to the address for delivery stated in your order. It will be your responsibility to ensure that someone is present to accept the delivery.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to deliver all Artworks ordered within fifteen (15) days of payment clearing in our account.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once the Artwork has been delivered to you it will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
- We deliver worldwide and thus additional postage and packaging costs may apply.
Cyrrus Gallery shall use its best efforts to promote the online sale of the Artworks. Cyrrus Gallery shall identify clearly all Artworks with the Artist’s name, and all descriptions, dates, medium and sizes of each of the Artworks.
Nevertheless all descriptions, dates medium and sizes of the Artworks marketed on this site are provided by the Artists and you may not rely on the accuracy. Accordingly, any such description shall not form part of this agreement.
Copyright in the Artwork will remain with The Artist even after ownership of the Artwork is transferred to You as a customer. You therefore may not reproduce images of Artwork.
- If the Artwork delivered is not what you ordered or is damaged or defective, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address with the problem within fourteen days of the delivery of the goods in question.
- If you do not receive the Artwork order within thirty (30) days of the date from which you ordered it, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact email address of the problem within thirty days of the date on which you ordered the Artwork.
- If you notify a problem to us under clauses 1 or 2 above, our only obligation will be, at our discretion:
- To make good any non-delivery; or
- Refund to you the amount paid by you for the Artwork in question in whatever way we choose.
If the Artwork is damaged or defective then you must return the Artwork to the Artist for inspection before we will agree to any refund. Any returns must be made via courier or recorded delivery post.
- Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the Artwork in question under clause 3(b) above.
- You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain types of our Artwork to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the Artwork you purchase.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
You may not correspond directly with the Artist until after point of purchase.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact email address at email@example.com and all notices from us sent via email to the email address you provide.
Events Beyond our Control
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver Artwork you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to Artwork delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion, accident, or conditions of war.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions are unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Cyrrus Gallery is an online gallery for Syrian Artists and their work. Cyrrus Gallery does not represent the views of the artists or their works – whether political, religious or other.
Cyrrus Gallery will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Website is available at all times. However, Cyrrus Gallery cannot guarantee that the site or any individual or functional feature of the site will always be available and/or error free. In particular, the site maybe unavailable during periods when Cyrrus Gallery is implementing upgrades to or carrying out essential maintenance on the site. Cyrrus Gallery will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable for any period of time.
Cyrrus Gallery may contain links to other websites that are not owned or operated by Cyrrus Gallery. Cyrrus Gallery helds no responsibility for the content and any loss or damage that may arise from the use of these linked websites. Cyrrus Gallery does not warrant as to the accuracy or reliability of any linked website.
Variation of Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions from time to time and post a new version on our website. The new version will take effect from the time of posting on the site.
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Syrian Law and the Syrian courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
© Copyright 2012-2017 Cyrrus Gallery Contemporary Syrian Art. All rights reserved.
Cyrrus Gallery Contemporary Syrian Art operates https://cyrrusgallery.wordpress.com/. It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our Website. We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
Like most Website operators, Cyrrus Gallery collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that Web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Cyrrus Gallery’s Website choose to interact with Cyrrus Gallery in ways that require Cyrrus Gallery to gather personally-identifying information. This applies only to the CATALOGS page – in which we collect a name, an email address, and comments only so that we can send via email our Artist Catalogs. Cyrrus Gallery does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Cyrrus Gallery may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its Website and may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Cyrrus Gallery does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Last updated: 01/2017
© Copyright 2012-2017 Cyrrus Gallery Contemporary Syrian Art. All rights reserved.